We provide here the full text of the new Bathing Water Directive [Titled: DIRECTIVE 2006/7/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 15th February 2006 concerning the management of bathing water quality and repealing Directive 76/160/EEC] which becomes operative in 2015.
» Campaign Tags » Bathing Waters
- New Bathing Water Directive for 2015
- New EU Bathing Water Directive
- Victory at last for sewage pollution campaigners at Whitburn, Sunderland
- Surfers Against Sewage question the integrity of the Blue Flag awards for clean beaches
- Pathogens identified in sewage contaminated bathing water
- Continuing Sewage Pollution of Beaches
- Press Release – British Bathing Waters
- A Response to DEFRA
- UK Infringement on Bathing Waters
- Wastewater and Sewage Treatment
- Blue Flags, Blue Flag look-alikes and Jolly Rogers
We provide here the full text of the new EU Bathing Water Directive, 2006/7/EC, concerning the management of bathing water quality in the UK and which repeals the old (existing) Directive, 76/160/EEC. The old Directive is not actually repealed until 31st December 2014. However the UK is currently employing the standards of the new Directive […]
A historic, long fought for victory has been achieved by Bob Latimer and his supporters with respect to the illegality of sewage discharges to sea at Whitburn, Sunderland.
We record here research published by Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) on 6th August 2010 which suggests that around one-quarter of the beaches in the UK which are flying the premier quality Blue Flag are, in fact, experiencing contamination from local sewage discharges.
We provide here the full text of the publication Swimming in Sewage published jointly in 2004 by the US Natural Resources Defence Council and the Environmental Integrity Project.
From the many Combined Sewage Outfalls that have not been updated since their installation in Victorian times despite far higher population discharges.
UK Government concealing serious health risks.
Here is MARINET’s correspondence with DEFRA concerning ‘Bathing Water Newsletter’ detailing the implementation of the forthcoming revised 2006/7/EC Bathing Waters Directive.
The story of our work with the Urban Waste Water Directive
The reasoning, the methodology, terminology and results
Just what do those blue flags mean?